Thursday, June 14, 2012

Right Side


Is it really that abnormal that I want to walk on the right side when I'm at my restaurant. I live in the midwest so I know that nobody is confusing this place with England thinking that we walk on the fucking left side. I have to do a lot of laps around the restaurant telling servers that they have a new table, taking people to tables and cleaning up, and taking crap to the back to get washed. So yeah, I have a lot of experience walking. Unfortunately people think it's alright to walk straight down the middle of the walkway; it really makes me wonder whether or not people realize that the wait staff actually has stuff to do. This stuff helps the dumb as fuck customers get their food in a timely manner so we don't have to hear the constant complaining that their food is taking ''HOURS.''
And as if it weren't enough to walk on the wrong side, people have the nerve to move at a pace that would make the tortoise win the race without a rabbit stopping to take a nap. (Yes, I realize that was the worst metaphor/simile/clusterfuck ever.) Not only do I have to adjust my pathway and look like in idiot even though I'm in the right, I have to deal with somebody who thinks that they're taking a stroll through the dandelions.
So to all you customers out there please learn that here in the US of A we walk on the right side. It's called the right because that's the correct side to walk on. Not the left, not the middle. Thank you.
Can I get an Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment