Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Props to the iPad

So a lot of people come in with children. It's no secret that in the restaurant industry that almost everybody hates children. My place is something just above a Sport's Bar and we don't get too many kids. When we do get kids we instantly hate them when they start running around, screaming and crying, it's a fucking sport's bar for crying out loud, nobody wants to deal with a kid. Anyway, it's always awesome when the parent brings something to occupy the kid (we don't have a kid's menu because we really don't like kids) a lot of people bring in their iPads.
I'm all for the iPad and stuff cause it keeps the kid in their seat and quiet. Most people have some sort of case thing that will prop the thing up so the child can see it. One couple came in with a kid and an iPad and they didn't  have a case or anything to prop it up. Understandably, they didn't want to just put it on the table (I wouldn't want to put a $500 dollar device on a table that I probably didn't bother to clean.) They opted to take out the specials menu, ketchup, and sugar caddie and put their iPad on the little catty thing (I know they have a name but I have no clue what it is). So if you need a ghetto solution for something to prop up your iPad please go ahead and use that. I'm sure it works wonders and won't crack your screen at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment