Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One is Enough

So I work as a host in a restaurant. No, I don't give blow jobs by the dumpster (S/O to The Bitchy Waiter) and I'm not a complete idiot, I just don't have the patience to be a server to stupid ass people. It's bad enough seeing them at the front door. I live in a place that is not known for it's black population, frankly because there isn't one. People will act pretty ghetto though sometimes.
I was working the lunch shift yesterday and this lady came in with about a million kids, okay it was four, but still. She insisted on having only one menu. One menu for 5 girls to share. I told her that I wouldn't be any trouble to get her a few more menus but she insisted. I was fine with that, I really could care less. I then saw that why she had only gotten one menu. She got to cups of pop for the table to share, that's right, 5 girls were sharing 2 glasses of pop. She then proceeded to order one appetizer for the entire table and that was the meal, they got up and went wherever.
Now I have no problem with this, less food means less crap that kids throw on the floor and the less I have to pick up. This lady seemed to be a good parent, the kids seemed to really respect her. I just find it pretty "budgety" (fancy non-word for ghetto) to order two pops and an appetizer for 5 people. No complaints, just an observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment