Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Boss

A hearty welcome to all of those coming in from The Bitchy Waiter! This post is going to be about my dumbass of a boss if you want to hear another story about him go ahead and click here.
So I didn't get fired, the next time I saw my boss he didn't say anything about the waffle batter incident. I did find out about a new juicy piece of drama in my restaurant which could effect my job.
SO the owner who lives in the hotel next door to the restaurant packed up and moved out, yup, he left in the middle of the night Saturday night and took his wife and kid with him. Somebody found a report for a UHaul in his name which said he would be going to Maryland. Yup, that's right, the dumbass moved halfway across the country because his wife was spending all of the hotel's money. 
I have heard that his father (who actually owns the place because he paid for it) came back yesterday but I have yet to go in to see if that has happened. I have also heard that the place has been sold and the paper work will be pushed through by the first of the year and we may want to start looking for new jobs. 
I actually don't know if I'm happy or sad about this happening, the owner was a douche, but now I have no job security what so ever, uh oh. Luckily I'm a 16 year old who still lives with my mom, so I don't really NEED a job but there are plenty of people who actually do need it and it sucks for them because we don't actually KNOW if we're getting fired. I'll try to keep y'all updated but nobody ever really tells me anything so....
On a lighter note Saturday is my birthday and I'll have a story for y'all then!!!

2 comments:

  1. Many many years ago, I was stupid enough to get into management with a restaurant owner who was incredibly flaky. The restaurant did decent enough business to maintain its bills, however, the owner wasn't paying the lease.

    I went in one morning, and there was a chain - fit for Mr. T - locking the door... I had to tell 60+ people they had all lost their lively-hood that day.

    You are right in recognizing your own luck for not really NEEDING the job-security, but you do show a lot of maturity when being concerned for the people that are relying on their job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps things will get better. Since you are attached to the hotel the restaurant will probably stay, though hopefully with better management.

    ReplyDelete