Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bitch from the Inside

There's a strange relationship between the servers and the hosts. A lot of the time, a server will think that a host is their bitch and make them do all their stupid work like carry out food to a bitch table or just do a little bit of something for them. They also tip the host out at the end of the night for making the host run their ass off. 
I understand the system and it's all fine and dandy when executed properly. At a lot of restaurants the tipouts automatically come out of the servers tips and are included in the hosts' cashout. At my restaurant, this isn't the case. It's actually a better thing, I believe because I've heard hosts from other places say they only get a couple dollars a night when some nights I could walk with $50 if everybody did well. Normally everybody tips me out and if they walk out and forget they'll remember next time we work together and make up for it, it's just how it goes. Except for this one bitch...
This bitch was horrendous. She was the lazy bitch I'd ever seen. She always tried to pawn her sidework off on me claiming she'd "take care of me," I fell for it a few times, but then I worked up the courage to say no. She would  never prebus her tables, and I mean NEVER. There would ALWAYS be multiple entree plates and a lot of the time, there would even be some appetizer plates sitting on the table. Seeings as we have no bussers, the host was responsible for WIPING OFF and resetting the tables, I'd always take the glasses back or some leftover trash and a lot of the time I would take back entree plates. But this bitch never cleared her tables. It would be a busy Fiday nigh and I'd be responsible for being up front and seating people and she will have all four of her tables with shit on it and then come up and bitch at me because she has no open tables. I tell her if she prebusses them, ten she'll have open tables. She still doesn't do that and I end up doing it because when shit sits around on a table it just looks tacky. This bitch would always zoom out of the place right after being cut [phased] and not tip out anybody, when somebody stopped her and asked for a tipout she'd give them the MINIMUM $2 even if she had multiple big parties in which gratuity was added. 
Just so you know I'm not over reacting, this bitch got fired last week for being such a lazy ass, do I feel bad? No, she was given plenty of warnings and write ups but she just didn't even try. She should have been fired a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment