Sunday, July 15, 2012

Go Ahead, Seat Yourself

What is with people who can't comprehend what a host does. From my last post about taking orders you would think people would have gotten the picture (because everybody in the world reads this blog.) I am standing up front to do one job, and one job only, take you and your lovely party to their seat (that is not my only job at all, I will have to explain that in a later post.)
I don't understand how people can walk into a restaurant, not have the ability to read the sign that says "Please Wait to Be Seated," not realize what the attractive guy standing behind the sign is there for, and sit wherever the fuck they want.

Just so you understand how annoying it is I'll tell you. At restaurants we have this thing called a rotation, this ensures each server has enough tables, but they don't get an overwhelming amount. I work very hard to make sure the rotation is right, when you go sit wherever you want you totally break the rotation and that server hates me when I tell them they just got double sat. Most of the time at my place (since we aren't corporate, and we don't have retarded managers) we just let you sit there without a menu and without a server, it's fun to watch you look like a dumbass and then say "do I even have a waitress."
I then say, "Oh I'm so sorry sir, I just thought that since you didn't wait to be seated you were going to the bar or joining a party"
I also have people who will watch me seat somebody and then go seat themselves, like what the fuck?
These people then say something like "Oh we just sat wherever, HAHA" No, stupid bitch, you just sat yourself into hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment