Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Choose Your Channel at Home

I don't know what it is about people. They are just so demanding sometimes. Why do so many people go into a restaurant and demand that somebody change the channel so they can watch a certain show/sporting event.
You wouldn't go over to your friends house and demand that they change the channel for you, would you? So why would you do it to somebody that you don't even know?
Changing the TV in a restaurant is not easy, most of the time, somebody has to go all the way to the back  and find a remote. They then have look up what channel a certain game is on and then they have to find the paper with the list of channels on it and then they have to change the channel. Even changing the channel can be difficult, when there are multiple TV's in a restaurant (mine has 11) there's going to be a huge stack of receivers which may or may not be properly labeled. I have to find the right receiver for the TV, then cover up all of the other receivers and then I can start pushing the buttons, but I don't know if it I pressed the buttons all the way because I don't have a screen to show me what I'm doing, I just kind of hope for the best.
Here's a few tips when asking for a channel to be changed:

  • Don't ask somebody to change the channel to "the game." This is very annoying because there are about a hundred different ESPN's, Fox Sports Nets, and whatever else and there is a game on, I can't read minds and say which one you want. Tell me that you would like to see the Raiders game (that way I know you're a complete idiot) 
  • Don't demand it to be done, it can take 5-10 minutes to change a channel and that sometimes just can't be done during rush periods, also, some restaurants have the receivers locked away in a closet in the manager's office and they won't be able to get in
  • Don't ask for it to be changed to cartoons for your kid, the History Channel for a documentary on the Apocalypse or, E! so you can keep up with the freaking Kardashians because this is not your living room, we have a certain clientele that we cater to, and that clientele wants to watch Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment